Canteen Duty Info
Throughout the year the canteen raises funds which help to subsidise your fees. FHC membership requires you to undertake a canteen duty OR pay the required opt out of canteen duty fee of $100 (adjusted to $75 in 2020) prior to Round 1. For those members that selected to complete their canteen duty, please click the link below to nominate your preferred date and time.
Please note that due to the pavilion re-development and the temporary canteen facility due to arrive in March – the Canteen duties have not been scheduled as yet.
If you do not select a time, the Canteen Manager will roster you in to an available time slot, which should not clash with your scheduled match. To ensure you are allocated to a time that suits you, please click on the above link and select your time prior to your first game.
For junior parents completing their child’s canteen duty, please add your child’s full name and team in to the comment section.
Alternatively if you have selected to pay the opt out fee, please ensure this is paid at the time of your registration for Footscray Hockey Club. Failure to confirm and complete your rostered duty (or no shows) will automatically incur a $150 charge to be paid prior to your next game.
Sons of the Scray’s (Girls of the West)
Red, white and blue
We’ll come out snarling
Bulldogs through and through
Bulldogs bite and bulldogs roar
We give our very best
Because you can’t beat the boys of the Bulldog breed (girls)
The team of the mighty West
Fee Structure 2020
* Senior Player Umpire Levy – This has been included above $40** Masters Player Umpire Levy – This has been included above $20FHC Fees are subject to a processing fee of 2% + 1.60c
FHC FEES +
2% + $1.60
|A. FHC – Senior Comp *||$445||$91.50|
|B. FHC – Masters / Mid Week Comps **||$350||$91.50|
|C. FHC – Senior Comp – Student / Concession (ages 11 – 18) *||$340||$67|
|D. FHC – Senior Comp – Student / Concession (ages 19 & over) *||$340||$91.50|
|E. FHC – Senior Playing Masters *||$610||$91.50|
|F. FHC – Junior U18 Playing Seniors (ages 11 – 18)||$320||$67|
|G. FHC – Junior U14, 16, 18 Program (ages 11 – 18)||$215||$67|
|H. FHC – Junior Sibling Fee U14, 16, 18 Program (ages 11 – 18)||$185||$67|
|I. FHC – Junior U12 Program (ages 11 & 12)||$215||$67|
|J. FHC – Junior U12 Program (ages 9 & 10)||$215||$50|
|K. FHC – Junior U10 Program (ages 8 & under)||$160||$30|
|L. FHC – Junior U10 Program (ages 9 & 10)||$160||$50|
|M. FHC – Junior U10 Super League (ages 11)||$160||$67|
|N. FHC – Junior U8 Program (aged 8 & under)||TBC||$25.50|
|O. FHC – Junior U8 (ages 9 & 10)||TBC||$50|
|P. FHC – Junior U6 Program||TBC||$25.50|
|Q. FHC – Goal Keeper 19 & over (with own gear)||$170||$91.50|
|R. FHC – Goal Keeper ages 11 – 18 (with own gear)||$170||$67|
|S. FHC – Goal Keeper ages 9 & 10 (with own gear)||$170||$50|
|T. FHC – Life Member (playing)||$0||$91.50|
|U. FHC – Life Member (non playing)||$0||$0|
|V. FHC – Social Member (Voting Rights)||$120||$0|
|ZA. FHC – Senior Half Season Fee ($290)||$230||$91.50|
|ZB. FHC – Masters Half Season ($230)||$180||$91.50|
|ZC. FHC – Non Playing (coaches, coord, TM) ($0)||$0||$0|
FIXTURES & RESULTS
GOOD SPORTS CLUB
Footscray Hockey Club is a Good Sports Club which means we’re passionate about having more people enjoy our great club and sporting culture. To do that we need to create a safe, inclusive environment where everyone can get involved and do their bit. Good Sports Clubs are about helping our members and families recognise they can lead healthy and active lives by making good choices when it comes to eating and drinking. At FHC we offer healthy eating options and encourage a healthy attitude to the consumption of alcohol.
The Inclusion Officer works in conjunction with Hockey Victoria and FHC to support and promote a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment for all throughout the Hockey community.
We celebrate several days that promote a safe, welcoming and inclusive club environment.
Men’s Health Round
Fair Go! Sport Round
Footscray Hockey Club Inclusion Officer
Julie Anne Sheehan (J.A)
0405 061 535
- Please ensure the injury has been reported on the team sheet if it occured during a game.
- Please feel free to advise the Injury Officers below of your injury.
- Please follow the link below to the HV Insurance Page (you have 180 days from the date of the injury to lodge a claim)
Kate de la Mere
0424 156 714
WHY COME TO FHC?
One of the biggest hockey clubs in Australia, the Footscray Hockey Club is also one of the best.
- 650+ players, spread over 50+ teams
- Playing opportunities to suit all levels of ability (Mens, Womens, Masters & Juniors)
- Senior teams from Premier League to local level ‘metro’ teams, masters teams for over 35’s, 45’s & 50’s, and junior teams from U6’s to U18’s with each age level offering shield (‘A’ grade) teams down to local ‘district’ standard teams. Mixed junior teams through to girls only teams.
- A sport (and club) that is proudly equal in gender participation. We have an equal spread of male and female members
- We are a family oriented club, conscious of the need to provide pathways to hockey excellence but blended with a strong desire to provide a very ‘social’ environment.
- Cheap fees, junior and student discounts.
- Facilities amongst the best in Australia. Two hybrid artificial grass pitches (one ‘watered’), and artificial grass specialist training area (called the ‘kage’). Large sealed car park and brilliant pavilion / clubhouse.
- Less than 10 minutes form the CBD! Adjacent to the Westgate Freeway. (McIvor Reserve, Fogarty Ave, Yarraville, MEL 41-G10)
Please contact the appropriate Director below to express your interest.
REGISTRATION & FEE POLICY
All members must register with Hockey Victoria, Hockey Australia and Footscray Hockey Club through the new 2020 registration system Revolutionise.
- EVERY MEMBER IS TO SELECT ‘Register’ as the old system is no longer.
- FHC Fee payment is compulsory at the end of the online registration form. Please note a 2% + $1.60 fee applies to the FHC fees)
- It is important that every person is registered separately as there are no linked options within this system.
- Throughout the form, members will be asked questions about contact information, emergency contacts, canteen allocations and the type of club registration being selected.
- Note: you can purchase a pre-paid debit card at the Post Office.
EXCEPTION – COME AND TRY
FHC junior section can offer “come and try” sessions for new junior members and FHC fees do not apply, this usually occurs around February / March. FHC senior or masters section can offer 3 “come and try” senior games for new senior members and FHC fees do not apply.
Please contact the Treasurer if you have any queries – email@example.com
Throughout the year the canteen raises funds, which help to subsidise every member’s fees. FHC membership requires you (or your parents) to undertake a canteen duty OR pay the required opt out of canteen duty fee of $100 per player. In the FHC Registration form you can select the opt out option and it will add the $100 fee to your fees to pay at the end of registration.
Please scroll to the top of this page for further canteen information.
If you are playing seniors and are 18 years of age or over, FHC membership requires you to pay an umpiring levy (Senior $40, Masters $20) when you register, this has been included in the relevant fees. The Men’s & Women’s Umpire Coordinators have been instructed to arrange paid umpires for EVERY senior game for EVERY grade. If you’d like to earn your $40 back (or more if you umpire more games), then please tick the relevant box in the registration form and the Umpire Coordinators will be in touch with you.
Please contact the Registrations Officer if you have any queries.
Footscray Hockey Club
0412 931 196
FAMILY FEE REBATE
FHC will offer a family fee rebate for those families who qualify. Please apply by e-mailing the FHC Treasurer firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note: A “family” consists of 2 playing adults (or 1 adult playing masters and seniors) and their children who are full time students.
* Just Hockey is the proud equipment supplier of Hockey HQ, this is not a Just Hockey store
* Hockey HQ will price match with the Just Hockey store and catalogue
* Yes we can order most ranges from the Just Hockey store in for you
* Orders are placed Wednesday, in store at Hockey HQ next day Thursday
* Eftpos is available – Mastercard and Visa
* Hockey HQ Gift vouchers available
* Check out the clearance rack for some great specials!
* If we do not have your size – it will be on order or an order can be placed.
Tue: 5.30 – 7.00pm
Wed: 5.30 – 7.00pm
Thu: 5.30 – 7.00pm
OUT OF HOURS:
Shirts Playing $50.00
Socks (Blue or Red) $12.95
OFF FIELD UNIFORM
Soft Shell Jackst $110.00
Cyclone Jacket $110.00
Rugby Jumpers $55.00
Ghanda Tracksuit Pants $50
Long Sleeve T-Shirt $25.00
Electrical Tape $2.00
Drink Bottle $2.00
Stubby Holder $8.00
WORKING WITH CHILDREN’S CHECKS
From 1 January 2017, the Child Safe Standards will apply to all sporting organisations that operate and provide sporting services to children within Victoria. Footscray Hockey Club is committed to adhering to the Child Cafe Standards and recommendations. One component of the standards is ensuring all club Volunteers & Staff who regularly work with people under the age of 18 attain a Working With Children’s Check (WWCC).
At Footscray Hockey Club we will meet government regulations for sporting clubs and ensure that people who work or engage with children under the age of 18 have a current Working With Children Card.
The following personnel in the Men’s, Women’s & Junior sections require a Working With Children Card (note: the senior section personnel also required a WWCC due to members who are U18 playing seniors).
- Team Managers
- Physio /Trainers /Regular rostered Umpires